Save Job | Full Time | Sioux Falls, SD | 139 days ago
Assistant Cabinet/Kitchen DesignerApply
Calling exceptional talent! We are searching for designer with a passion for creating the extraordinary, inspired design. You need to be hands-on and able to create blueprints for our clients. The Assistant Designer will be required to consider the intended purposes of each project, along with clients' style preferences, when drafting such plans. You should also ensure adherence to stipulated building and safety codes during each phase of the project.
To be successful as a Helmut Designer, you should be an expert multitasker with a knack for outstanding customer service and an eye for detail. We are looking for someone who is a good fit for our culture and enjoys collaborating with a team. This role has the potential to lead a team of designers. Invariably, we are searching for a top-notch, world-class Assistant Designer who can demonstrate initiative within the confines of clients' wishes.
Assistant Designer Requirements:
- Understanding of necessary mathematics
- Knowledge of materials and processing
- Applicable engineering and design skills
- Catalog of completed blueprints, plus completed projects.
- In-depth knowledge of and strict adherence to the area's building codes.
- Top-notch communication and customer service skills.
- Active listening skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Respect for differing opinions, styles, and financial situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of design experience
- Drafting experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the following software packages is a plus; Mozaik, FileMaker, and CabinetVision.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to ascertain the intended functions and appearance of each space.
- Anticipating and informing clients of additional features which may be of use to them.
- Giving careful consideration to the placement of water and electrical systems to ensure safety.
- Creating a plan which details the layout and appearance of all installations and loose furniture or appliances.
- Suggesting appropriate materials and finishes.
- Assisting clients to select and supervise the work of independent contractors, so that their duties are conducted in accordance with clients' visions.
- Informing clients about appropriate care for their kitchens.
- Keeping a record of hours and activities completed to ensure that clients are billed accurately.
- Observing prescribed building and safety regulations.
- Be exact in measurements and markings so that materials will be used efficiently and the projects will meet budgetary restrictions
- Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance for all the matching units
- Work as a team member from the start of a project to its successful completion