Save Job | Full Time | Brookings, SD | 185 days ago
MILLS CONSTRUCTION INC. (MCI) in Brookings, SD is offering full-time positions for Construction Workers to assist our team on new area building projects. Involves all phases of light duty commercial construction wtih wood and steel building products. Experience in working on relevant projects and using tools is essential. Applicants must value respect and have a strong work ethic with physical strength, and endurance, working well with your hands. Workers must be good in teamwork and service while following instructions and safety rules.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: Field employees with little experience typically begin as an Apprentice and advance to Tradesman, Journeyman, and Foreman as they continue to learn from more skilled craftsmen. Positions are available in each level. The Apprentice, Tradesman, and Journeyman reports to the Field Superintendent or the Foreman when directed to do so by the Field Superintendent. The Construction Worker is solely accountable for the fulfillment of all assigned duties and has authority delegated equal with assigned responsibilities.
- 1 year of on-the-job construction experience or at least 6 months of on-the-job experience with a Building Trades Degree or Journeyman Certification is preferred, but not required.
- All tools and equipment will be furnished except for a small assortment of required hand tools.
- Must have basic knowledge of construction procedures and practices.
- Need to be able to measure accurately, use specific tools and equipment once trained
- Be physically fit with no physical limitations, strong enough to lift at least 75 pounds and agile as the position requires the ability to climb ladders, lift heavy objects, etc.
BENEFITS: Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, funeral leave, and per diem for same day travel outside of Brookings. Overtime pay, unpaid leave, insurances, 401K with match, gym membership reimbursement, safety program, and nationally recognized on-the-job continuing education training program.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, skills, and education in the trades. May have unpaid weather days, but there is year-round work and no overnight travel.