Save Job | Full Time | Brookings, SD | 146 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our team in Brookings, SD! Mills Construction is a full-service general contracting firm that has built a solid reputation by constructing high quality projects that meet client expectations, always striving to provide the best value for the client. Mills Construction offers Design-Build and Construction Management services. We are a family business with a family first culture that enables top talent to excel.
We are seeking a full-time Financial Controller who will lead the financial and human resource areas of our company!
What you will do!
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of data
- Responsible for month end financial statements
- Maintain treasury management for the Company and the underlying properties
- Responsible for the timely recording and processing of AP, AR, and payroll
- Oversee the annual budget process and monthly forecasting process
- Responsible for dashboard and statistical reporting
- Implementation of processes to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Implement, document and maintain adequate effective processes for reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for coordinating outside CPA and financial firms
- Serve as the Human Resources Manager
- Reponsible for HR policies, processes, and relevant documents
- Maintenance and orgainzation of personnel files
What qualifications you need!
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Expereince in auditing and treasury preferred
- Experience with Foundation software preferred
- Experience as a controller or similar position 3-5 years
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, and corporate setting
- Ability to manage multiple complex project at one time to successful completion
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Desire and proven ability to generate results
- Passion for developing and maintaining systems and processes
- Real time communicator (oral and written)
- Thorough knowledge of the company's purpose, vision, and values
- Leadership skills needed are coaching, mentoring, feedback, training
- Project managment, analytical skills and exceptional organization
- Solid training an all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, P & L preparation and analysis, forecasting, etc. highly preferred
What we offer you!
Mills Construction offers a competitive salary for this role $65,000 - $90,000 per year (DOE) along with benefits which include Health, Vision, Dental, Life, 401K with Company Match, Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, Funeral Leave, Bonus, Profit Share, Gym Membership Reimbursement. To learn more about us, visit www.buildwithmills.com